A brow lift is a popular surgical procedure in Manhattan, NYC with the women and men who come to Dr. Konstantin's practice. This procedure is designed to rejuvenate the upper part of the face by restoring a youthful eyebrow contour and position. It can also help to smooth out deep creases across the forehead and get rid of the excessive fullness and droopy skin over upper eyelids.
If you're interested in learning whether a brow lift at Dr. Konstantin's New York City practice is right for you, contact us online for a consultation, or call
to speak to a member of our team.
Speaking from Experience
"Each patient is different than the last, so each surgical approach must be different, as well. Nevertheless, all the techniques I use aim to restore a youthful, rested look without major incisions."
How the Brow Ages
A youthful and attractive brow provides a natural "frame" for the eyes, enhancing and supporting their natural beauty. An ideal position of the brow can vary greatly between different people and is determined primarily by mimetic muscle activity and the strength of the ligament support system. There are differences for women and men:
- In women, the brow is generally higher than in men. It curves gently upward, extending from the inner part of the orbital rim to the area of the temple.
- In men, the brow is generally heavier, positioned slightly lower, and straighter in shape.
Aging of the brows leads to the loss of their youthful contour. As the forces of gravity cause the brow to fall to a lower position, the whole aesthetic of the upper face is adversely affected. The descent of the brow makes the eyes appear smaller and often imparts a tired look to a face. When the aging process causes lowering of the inner part of the brow, a person might be perceived as angry or excessively stern. When the outside part of the brow descends, a person may look sad or worried.
In addition, as the brows descend and lose their youthful position, excessive fullness and sagginess of the upper eyelid skin might develop. This heaviness might further contribute to an aged and tired eyelid appearance. Furthermore, the excess of skin and tissue fullness leads to the sensation of heaviness of the upper eyelids, which causes many people to begin elevating their brows with forehead muscles. This excessive activity of the forehead mimetic muscles leads to the formation of deep creases across the forehead, which further contributes to the appearance of age.
Modern Rejuvenation Techniques
Dr. Konstantin can use a number of surgical and non-surgical techniques to improve the contour and position of the brow. Below are some of his most commonly used methods.
Direct Brow Lift
In the past, the preferred method of brow rejuvenation involved making a long incision around the head and pulling the brows upward while removing a strip of skin. This method involved a significant amount of surgery and required a longer recovery time. Today, direct brow lifts are rarely used for cosmetic brow rejuvenation as several other less invasive techniques have been developed.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
Dr. Konstantin performs most brow lifts today with the aid of a small camera called an endoscope. He inserts the camera through a small incision within the hair-bearing part of the scalp. The endoscope aids with visualization of the brow-supporting structures and enables a significantly less invasive surgery.
After releasing the underlying tissue, Dr. Konstantin elevates the brows to the desired position and fixes them in place. This procedure can be performed without using general anesthesia, and the recovery is far shorter than with a direct brow lift.
See how Dr. Konstantin blends
Request a Consultation
art and science to help you
reach your aesthetic potential
Transblepharoplasty Brow Lift
This procedure is usually performed in conjunction with the removal of excessive skin of the upper eyelid during blepharoplasty. In order to elevate the brow and strengthen its support system, the sutures are placed under the brow through a small incision that can be hidden in a crease of the upper eyelid. This procedure is far less invasive than other surgical methods of brow rejuvenation and is most appropriate when a subtle elevation is desired.
Non-Surgical Brow Lift
A non-surgical brow lift can improve the contour of the brow, elevate the eyebrows, and rejuvenate the area around the eyes. Non-surgical brow rejuvenation is accomplished with the strategic use of neuromodulators such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA.
BOTOX — as well as its counterparts Dysport® and XEOMIN® — is commonly used to elevate the brow and improve its contour by modifying the effect of mimetic muscles on the area. In addition to neuromodulators, some degree of elevation can also be accomplished with the use of fillers. Both injections of temporary fillers or much longer-lasting techniques, such as fat grafting, could be used to counteract the loss of volume in the area of the upper eyelids, brow, and temple. Restoring volume in the area of the brow can help to improve its contour and aid in brow elevation.
The choice of brow lift technique primarily depends on the degree of brow descent and individual variations in eyelid and forehead aging. The primary goal of brow rejuvenation is restoration of the brow contour and elevation of the brow to its youthful position.
Cost of a Brow Lift
The cost of a brow lift performed by Dr. Konstantin typically ranges between $6,000 and $10,000. Because a brow lift, like all cosmetic plastic surgery, is customized to meet the specific needs of each patient, it's not possible to provide a specific price for your surgery without first meeting you in a consultation. The cost of a brow lift depends on several factors — primarily the extent of the procedure needed for your desired result. If you decide to have other procedures performed during the same operation, that may lead to a final price outside this range, as well.
Your Common Questions
Request a Consultation
- When is the best time to undergo brow lift?
- There is no magic age when brow lift surgery becomes universally necessary. Instead, the best time to undergo brow lift surgery is when you feel it’s necessary. Some people have a naturally heavy brow that is present from a young age. Others see brow sagging begin to appear as the result of aging. For this reason, Dr. Konstantin sees brow lift patients of many different ages.
- How long will my brow lift results last?
- Although no facial plastic surgery procedure creates truly permanent results, the changes can be quite long-lasting---especially when performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon. Dr. Konstantin’s brow lift patients typically enjoy their results for up to a decade before the signs of aging are noticeable again. Think of facial aging as a clock. Surgery does not stop the clock, but it can turn it back by several years.
- How long does recovery take?
- Because most brow lift procedures performed by Dr. Konstantin are minimally invasive, brow lift surgery doesn’t require a significant recuperation. Typically, most brow lift patients can return to work and other social engagements within 1 week. This time frame can be shorter if only an endoscopic procedure was performed. At this point, the most significant bruising and swelling will be behind you.