Don’t let these bad beauty habits get in the way of a healthy and more beautiful you. If you practice any of these bad habits, it’s time to break them!
1. Sleeping in make-up clogs your pores and causes breakouts. Use a pre-moistened make-up removing cloth before bed for a quick clean.
2. Make-up brushes accumulate a build-up of make-up and oil from your skin. Dirty brushes don’t apply make-up properly. Wash them in a commercial brush cleaner or make your own cleaner from one of the many formulas available online.
3. Using eyeliner on the inner rims of your eyelids causes the eyeliner to get into your eye over the course of the day and can cause scratches to the delicate eyelid rim that lead to eye infections.
4. Instead of full make-up at the beach or pool, just apply sunscreen 20 minutes before sun exposure and wear a little mascara and lip gloss.
5. Don’t forget your chest when you moisturize your face and neck. That skin wrinkles, too.
6. Make sure you remove all your eye make-up. Leftover eyeliner and mascara can cause painful eye problems.