Healthy, youthful looking skin is a trait that has long been sought after, and as the search continues, we learn more and more about how the skin works. While we can’t change genetics, we can take advantage of some of these tips to keep skin looking younger:
1. Limit your intake of sugary foods. They tend to make your body acidic.
2. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
3. Eat vegetables which contain vitamin A such as leafy greens, turnips and broccoli peas. Vitamin A can draw moisture closer to the surface of the skin to keep it hydrated.
4. Make sure your diet contains plenty of fiber. Foods like apples and nuts are good snack foods. Fiber both eliminates toxins and helps regulate blood sugar, giving your skin a healthy glow in the process.
5. Exercising regularly will help to remove the toxins from your body by stimulating circulation.
6. Eat foods that contain Omega 3 fatty acids, such as walnuts, flaxseed, trout, tuna, salmon and sardines. Omega 3’s help regulate your body’s oil production, making sure your skin does not dry out.
7. Take a pro-biotic to promote digestive health. This will allow you to more easily absorb nutrients and eliminate toxins.
8. Drink green tea whenever possible. Green tea contains more antioxidants and phytonutrients than other teas, and can reduce the effects of damage from the environment.
These tips can help keep your skin healthy, which is the first step toward younger looking skin. For more information on skin care, facial rejuvenation or browlift in Manhattan, contact Dr. Konstantin and his staff at (212) 380-3634.
Leave a Reply