A nice, hot latte is a great treat to warm up with during the winter; but did you know that a little coffee now and then can be good for your skin, too? Here are a few reasons why you should indulge every once in a while.
- Caffeine can minimize swelling, redness, and inflammation to leave you with the appearance of youthful skin.
- Increased amounts of caffeine may lower your risk of getting the most common form of skin cancer.
- Caffeine can reduce the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
- Cellulite reduction can be obtained by the increased blood flow capabilities of caffeine.
- Caffeine can even out your skin tone to give you a more youthful looking complexion.
- Caffeine is very effective in the treatment of rosacea since it reduces redness by constricting the blood vessels.
- Caffeine can reduce acne on oily skin due to its enzyme blocking abilities.
Of course, the key to enjoying these benefits is moderation; too much of anything can have adverse effects.